top of page

Frequently Asked Questions



How do I apply for or renew my Riverside Business License?

All information regarding Riverside Business License can be found on our website.

Are you hiring?

Please check our current Employment Opportunities.

How can I pay my water bill?

Water payments can be paid thru our online payment portal, by smartphone via web browser, or in person at City Hall.  A drop box is also available for after hours payment. 

When does the trash service pick-up?

Waste Management pick-up of roadside trash receptacles for Riverside residents is each week on MONDAY.  If a holiday falls on the scheduled pick-up day, it may be postponed until Tuesday.  To report trash issues, please call 205-338-7692 ext 1.

How do I report a water leak?

If you suspect there is a potential water leak you may report it through our Action Center, by email  or by calling the Water Department at 205.338.7692.  Once the report is made, an inspection of the site will be made.  If it is determined that there is a leak on City regulated property, a repair will be scheduled to correct the leak based on it's severity.

Why do there seem to be so many Water Leaks?

Every utility service experiences numerous water leaks and water main breaks. So that you can better understand this process, we have compiled the following information.

Water leaks and main breaks happen for various reasons as a normal part of operating a water utility. Overly dry or wet weather as well as changes in weather can cause the ground to shift, typically resulting in round breaks wrapping around the diameter of the pipe. Sudden pressure fluctuations and the normal aging process of the mains also cause breaks, typically resulting in lateral breaks running along the pipe. Contractors, utility workers or homeowners can unintentionally hit a pipe with a shovel, back-hoe or other heavy equipment causing damage.

Main breaks are unpredictable, but when they happen, restoring water service safely is Riverside Water Department's first priority. Whenever possible,  a notification will be posted on social media.  As a courtesy to our customers, we do not issue alerts late at night or in the early hours of the morning.

Our crews work around the clock to isolate the pipe by shutting off valves and temporarily placing the water supply out-of-service for the time necessary to make the repairs. Repairs can take anywhere from thirty minutes to numerous hours. Riverside Water Department strives to ensure water is restored to it's customers as soon as possible.

How do I report a road safety concern?

If you would like to voice your concerns about a potential road safety concern you may report it through our Action Center or by email.  Once the report is made, an inspection of the site will be made.  If it is determined that there is an issue on City regulated property, it will be scheduled for correction based on it's severity.

How do I become a volunteer firefighter with Riverside Fire & Rescue Service?

If you are interested in becoming a volunteer firefighter for our City send your information and resume to us via email.

How do I volunteer for the City of Riverside?

Riverside has many organizations that would love your help.  For more information on these groups and all that they do please express your interest by email.

bottom of page